Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jekki Oppa.......... I miss you guys.



The last two days in Northern California have been pretty crappy, we are currently having the worst storm this year (I know I know we are only in January ^^)


So that mean I pretty much had nothing to do except hanging around the house cleaning up watching TV, listening to music (Jekki music of course ^^) .




I woke up this morning and like usual I started checking the sites that I visit daily (Izzru's blog, Jama's blog, Kate's blog, Soomp's jiwon thread, Jiwon chinese website, 1n2d Chinese site.) Basically everything listed on the left side of my blog ^^


And I saw that the Chinese 1n2d website had all of Jekki and Jiwon's cds up on MP3 format and I was beyond excited!




My Jekki and Jiwon Collection was pretty complete back in 2002, but my family (dad and mom) was VERY against me liking Jekki (boy band, Korean, distraction from study .... blah blah blah)


I had




Jekki 1,2,3,3.5,4 , 99 live album, blue note. 99 concert 2000 concert 98 concert 17 movie. 2 Jekki album that was released in Taiwan in 99 and 2000.


Jiwon - Never ever single 1st, 2nd, 3rd (I am sad to say after the 3rd album I focused more on my Job than Jekki)


Jaejin - Double J 2nd album Jaejin Live concert vcd.


J-walk- Suddenly, Someday


Sunghoon- Choobok , 2nd album


Countless pages of Magazine pages of Jekki 4th album days Jaejin Sunghoon Jiwon during solo days.


Posters, stickers,










They would destroy anything Jekki related as fast as they can find it,


I think I am on my 5th or 6th copy of Jekki's 4th album (2 of them is because I listen to it soooo much that all the track would start skipping when I play it, the rest ...... in the trash)


same thing with the rest of the cd. It turned into like a contest between them an me, They would look in my room and see if they can find anything, and I would try to hide and protect my Jekki stuff, ahhh the days of hiding Jekki cd in school locker, behind my closet, under my bed, in my backpack, in my sister's room you name it , I've tried it .




After the "War" with them, I took stock of my Jekki inventory and here is what I am left with




Jekki - 3. 3.5. 4th 99 concert 2000 concert both of the Jekki cd that was released in Taiwan.




Jiwon- 3rd album, 2008 single, 5th album




J-walk - Suddenly, My love, 2007 single




All of Jaejin Sunghoon and was lost T,T




I finally am able to listen to Jekki's 1st album again today after 7 years and I can't believe they made me cry again... I miss all of them sooo much all of a sudden when I heard their voice, so young, so innocent so full of joy, so Jekki ! They remind me of my high school year, all the stuff I went though for better or worse they were there for me in terms of music, when I hear the first album again, I can see my self walking in my high school going from English class to Math class, I see my self burning the midnight oil studying for my Finals with Jekki music playing in the back ground. I just want to say Jekki Oppa THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH ME FOR 10 YEARS!


I've cried, I've laughed, I've loved, I've gotten heartbroken in the last 10 year and I just want to thank you for your music that have given me strength to go on in life.

I swear when I get married I am going to have Yegham or couple playing in my wedding! Here is to another 10 years my Jekki babies!


















4 comments:

  1. Aahh thats a really fond memories of u had with jekki, ur really a lucky girl lisa :) Say me jealous but Im always green with envy whenever i heard pple state that they managed to knw jekki before they disbanded i wish i did too ;(

    And holy god! u really got such a HUGE collection of jekki stuff man tho its such a pity that some of the collection u had was lost but heck at least u managed to own them before unlike me but im really am thankful tho to izzru for giving me the opportunity to have a few of jekki cd u knw jekki cd are like an antique rite now its totally obsolete alrdy! 10 years of being an aficionado of jekki is really a feat lisa i really take my hats off you :D

    Oh btw do take care lisa hope the worst storm that strike cali will be gone soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG im so sorry to hear your loss...............of Jaejin and Sunghoon's stuff!! T_T it's really hard to get a hand on their album and even concert vcd. I tried to get them while i was in korea, but it was like, impossible T____T

    I had extra 2nd and 4th Jekki album in korea. If i go back korea.. soon.. i'll send u the 2nd album Lisa =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. but, you may get the cds before i go back to Korea. haha =)

    anyway i kept lost track of Jekki when i was in my last year of highschool and whole university years, all those years i hadn't listen to their songs. but now i listen to jekki songs frequently. i dunno why i wasn't paying attention to them for my past years (prolly becuz they were doing solo things. sigh T_T but i shouldn't have let them go..) i vaguely heard news about jekki like jiyong totally retired, jiwon starred in a movie, jaejin and sunghoon went army and all. but took it like a celebrity gossip type of news. now im glad that i'm back on track =D
    hehe there goes me with my blabing.. sorri! =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Jaejin and hoonie stuff is pretty much impossible... whats even more upsetting the Jaejin's concert acutually had othe Jekki member showing up and he sang Jiwon's song MurMur too!! I wish that one is not lost..
    Don't worry about the Jekki albums! I acutually have like 2 copy of the fourth album and mp3 on my laptop/back up harddrive too!

    I lost track of Jekki during my 2nd year in college back in 04 that is when all of their solos were over with there wasn't any news from them for at least a year and half, and all the english sites were down, I remember seeing Jiwon in a korean variety show about food in 2005 and I still felt love toward him/ Jekki.

    I know the reason why I distanced my self in 04 it was because of my job T.T I have to say I have never see Jiwon's movie in 2005, I hate it when he is bald!! and I heard he is naked in the movie T.T that is wayyyy to much for me to handle!

    ReplyDelete